Tuesday, March 03, 2009

A Blog by Lincoln

Hi. My name is Lincoln. I am a dog and I was named after "the" Abraham Lincoln, our country's 16th president. My mom thinks I'm the greatest. I try to live by Mr. Lincoln's standards so I too believe, "Whatever you are, be a good one."

I found the coolest thing the other day.


It was so beautiful that I just wanted to eat it up! So I did. I figured I would start my own collection and the best way for a dog to hold on to something is to eat it! I wanted to be a good collector so I didn't tell my mom as she doesn't like for me to eat anything other than my food or treats. It is more fun to be adventurous, I think! Besides, as Abe would say, "I fear explanations explanatory of things explained."


I got a belly ache and pretty soon I was not able to keep the chicken that I ingested (without my good mother knowing) down. The throwing up scared my mom & she was worried about chicken bones so she took me to see Dr. Carey.

He is a great doctor and an even better friend. He always pats me on the head and sometimes he even gives me a kiss! As my namesake would say, " The better part of one's life consists of his friendships." Dr. Carey talked my condition over with my mom and they decided it would be best to take a picture of my tummy. That is called an x-ray. It didn't hurt at all and pretty soon they could see my treasure I was hiding in there!

They really didn't know what it was and of course I wasn't going to tell them! I wanted to keep it for my own collection. But, my tummy was starting to hurt something awful, so I thought it would be best to let them have my first marble after all, and besides, I kinda forgot it was in there anyway.


Dr. Carey decided that they could do surgery right away. Besides, Mr. Lincoln would say, "Leave nothing for tomorrow which can be done today." They made an incision in my tummy that looks like this.... I was asleep the whole time. Dr. Carey told my Mom that is called anesthesia. My surgery didn't take long and pretty soon Dr. Carey gave my Mom the marble that I swallowed.





I don't know if it's worth any money but I heard my Mom say,"that was one expensive marble!" I wonder how much people pay for marbles, anyway? I think it made her happy that I was okay and I was happy that my Mom is going to keep my marble for me (high on a shelf, she said!). Abe says, "Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." I believe that & my mind says be happy always!

Of course I, like Lincoln say, "Everything I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother".
And "The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time." So, as I make my speedy recovery I'll be planning my next great adventure!
Love & happiness (and lots of slobbery kisses),
Lincoln






1 comment: